As a follow on for the Speech Recognition ANE I put up for download a while back, here is the a post to give out the source files.
The source can be downloaded here.
If you are looking for the compiled ANE instead, click here
The contents of the zip archive are,
- Android Native Project
- Actionscript Library Project
- Files required for compilation
The Library is responsible for creating a bridge between Actionscript and Native code. The code written here is also the entry point for APIs exposed by the ANE. Library and Native Projects are fairly descriptive and appropriately commented. I will just go through things that need to be in place to get this compiled.
If you just want to go ahead and try compilation, skip to the 5th step
- Import project listed under Android Native Project into a preferred IDE and export a JAR
- Import project listed under Actionscript Library Project into Flash Builder and export a SWC
- Notice the organization of files in the Files required for compilation directory. Replace JAR, SWC and extension.xml files in the appropriate directories with the one’s you just exported
- Without disturbing what you have already done, rename SpeechLibrary.swc to SpeechLibrary.zip and extract the library.swf file. Replace the one in Files required for compilation/NativeAndroid, with this.
- Open Files required for compilation/compile.bat in your favorite text editor. Going forward, I will be referring only to the Windows platform. For MAC, please read this document
- Customize attributes for 'root_directory' and 'signing_options' (Namely, CERTIFICATE_PATH - a P12 file and CERTIFICATE_PASSWORD)
- Exit editor, and run the compile.bat file to generate an ANE file !
That is as easy as it gets to generate an ANE file !
Feel free to make changes to the source and experiment. If you do extend the source, say make it iOS compatible, I'd be happy to link up here!
Here is another great resource you must have a look at before building native extensions, http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/developing-native-extensions-air.html